[Python-Dev] Proposal - KeyboardInterrupt should inherit directly from Exception

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
08 Nov 2001 06:32:53 -0500

Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net> writes:

> On Thu, Nov 08, 2001 at 05:24:53AM -0500, Michael Hudson wrote:
> > [1] Actually I know, on thinking about it, but it still sucks.
> >     Is this worth working around?
>
> I don't think so, but it's worth keeping in mind when writing your
> readline replacement, or your REPL/interactive-interpreter
> replacement.

Well, it works in pyrepl but that's mainly because it's implemented in
a sensible language with a sane approach to exceptions and so doesn't
really have to worry about signals (apart from SIGWINCH...).

I really ought to release the working version of that I have.

Cheers,
M.

--
  ZAPHOD:  You know what I'm thinking?