[Python-Dev] status of OS/2 ports of Python

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Thu, 25 Oct 2001 17:30:22 -0400

> Unfortunately I haven't had the bandwidth to vigorously pursue completing
> integration of my previously submitted patches, and at this time don't
> expect to be able to do much until about the time 2.2b2 is scheduled to
> hit the streets :-(.  So I don't expect that 2.2 will have OS/2+EMX build
> support in the sourceball...
>
> At this stage, my plan is to finalise a binary release of 2.2 before
> submitting a new set of patches, taking into account Martin von Loewis'
> comments and suggestions (much appreciated thank you!) among others.  I
> also plan to try and coordinate my patches with those of Michael Muller
> (473749, 474169 & 474500 so far) for the VAC++ build of Python for OS/2.
>
> I will try and review Michael's patches with a view to getting them into
> 2.2, as the VAC++ build has been part of the sourceball for a few
> versions.

Andy, would it help if you had SourceForge commit privileges?  You'd
be obliged to only check in code that doesn't break the build on other
platforms, so you would be required to test anything you want to check
in on another platform (Linux or Windows) before you commit to save
you the embarrassment of breaking the build, but if (as I expect) you
would mostly be adding stuff inside "#ifdef OS2", that shouldn't be a
big burden.  It would save you the trouble of uploading patches to
SourceForge and it would save *us* the trouble of reviewing your
patches and checking them in.

All your code would be owned by the PSF, but that's what you want
anyway, right?