[Python-Dev] weird gdb/python/gtk/pango interaction?

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Fri, 26 Oct 2001 00:31:57 +0200

> Any idea what's going on?

When you see that a program behaves differently in gdb than it does on
the shell, the most likely cause is that gdb starts another shell when
running the program, I believe essentially through system("$SHELL -c
command") (see gdb documentation and source for details). For example,
some of the $HOME/.something files may set PYTHONPATH to some
interesting value.

If you see that a Python program behaves differently from an
"equivalent" C code, well, the most likely cause is that the programs
are not equivalent. One obvious (to me) difference is that one calls
set_title, when the other doesn't.

Regards,
Martin