[Python-Dev] Deprecating C APIs (Use of PyArg_NoArgs())

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Wed, 3 Apr 2002 13:07:11 +0200

Martin v. Loewis wrote:

> > That's what I wanted, but now that you mention it I'm not sure if the
> > warning module can currrently detect from which module a particular C
> > API is called -- it'll probably put the blame on a particular line in
> > the user's code, and then repeat the warning for each *different* line
> > of user code.
>
> What *could* be done, of course, is to give the warning at most once.

and what good is that, really?  why would the *users* of a
module I've written have to care about this?

the Py_DEPRECATED approach (and the "grep" tool) is a much
better way to use everybody's time.

</F>