[Python-Dev] New canonical location for PEPs

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
04 Apr 2002 20:26:55 +0200

Adrian Aichner <adrian@xemacs.org> writes:

> See the XEmacs/xemacsweb entry in
> http://cvs.xemacs.org/viewcvs.cgi/CVSROOT/loginfo?rev=HEAD&content-type=text/vnd.viewcvs-markup

Thanks for this information. I'm still not sure what the status of
automated remote update is in XEmacs at the moment, sometimes, it says
that it's disabled because it doesn't work; various pieces still seem
to be in place.

More specifically, it appears that CVSROOT/commit-trigger is the
driver that initiates all the remote updates. I see it does that for
xemacs@sunsite.dk and two other systems. What I cannot see is what
programs are run at the remote system. Are those available somewhere?

Every time I tried to setup such a scheme, I found that it would
deadlock: while the loginfo code runs, the committer still holds the
lock. Then, the trigger would initiate code on the remote machine,
which in turn tries a CVS update. That will then wait for the lock.

How do you solve this problem?

Regards,
Martin