[Python-Dev] PEP 287: reStructuredText Docstring Format

Fredrik Lundh fredrik@pythonware.com
Sun, 7 Apr 2002 23:25:57 +0200

I wrote:

> > Code please, see code is less controversial than PEPs...
>
> some code can be found via this link:
>
> http://online.effbot.org/2002_04_01_archive.htm#75103766
>
> the pythondoc parser can handle all modules in the xmltoys
> kit, but it hasn't been tested with much external code.  out-
> puts both (preliminary, rather simple-minded) XML and a truly
> minimalistic HTML variant.

an updated version can be found at:

    http://effbot.org/downloads/index.cgi/xmltoys-1.0a4-20020407.zip
    (click on download to get the code, click on the .html links to
    see examples rendered by the current HTML renderer)

    http://effbot.org/guides/pythondoc.htm
    (overview description, in progress)

this version has been tested with itself, PIL, and a couple of other
rather large libraries.  unlike the first release, it can also parse the
python standard library without getting stuck on None objects (but
for obvious reasons, it doesn't generate any output for the standard
library...  not yet, at least ;-)

it still requires Python 2.2; I'll fix the HTMLParser dependecy
really soon now...

enjoy /F