[Python-Dev] Re: PEP Politics

Aahz aahz@pythoncraft.com
Tue, 9 Apr 2002 13:29:09 -0400

On Tue, Apr 09, 2002, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I wasn't serious, but AFAICT /F was serious in his suggestion not to
> discuss my PEPs on c.l.py any more.  I think the consequence of that
> would be that my PEPs only get discussed on python-dev.  Then I see
> two possibilities: simply ignore the c.l.py crowd, or inviting them.
> I see serious downsides to each.  So that means I'll have to face
> c.l.py every time I have a PEP, or stop writing PEPs.  The latter
> sounds the most attractive -- I'll just check things in after a brief
> discussion on python-dev.

Seems to me that you're being unreasonably, er, boolean in your thinking
here.  From my POV, the fact that the BDFL follows the same PEP process
as everyone else is a powerful point in favor of stability.

There may not be a way to do it, but I'd sure like to try some things to
lessen the difficulty of using c.l.py.
--
Aahz (aahz@pythoncraft.com)           <*>         http://www.pythoncraft.com/

"There are times when effort is important and necessary, but this should
not be taken as any kind of moral imperative."  --jdecker