[Python-Dev] Multiple revisions [was: Re: Stability and change]

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 10 Apr 2002 11:40:21 -0400

> Perforce, Bitkeeper and Subversion are all "better-breed-CVS" solutions,
> while I consider arch to be a "better-breed-revision-control-system".

You may be right about Perforce or Subversion (though I doubt it), but
the arch blurb I found sounds very similar to Bitkeeper.

> Unfortunately it currently doesn't have an import mechanism that will keep
> all your CVS history, so I understand that it is not an option at this
> time.
>
> However, it is a young project, having its first alpha release on Jan 16
> of this year. At the current development pace, we may see the CVS import
> functionality very soon. I have sent a question about this to Tom Lord.

I don't think the Python developer community ought to be early
adopters for a revision control system.  We'll see how arch does in a
few years.  (BTW, arch is a lousy name.  It's impossible to find using
Google.)