[Python-Dev] Re: Deprecating divmod() // % for complex

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Mon, 15 Apr 2002 15:26:28 +0200

Guido van Rossum wrote:

> > Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > >
> > > [Tim]
> > >
> > > It doesn't, and I've repaired this.
> >
> > Does it make sense to expand PEP 4 or make a new PEP to
> > point out all these other features which are also deprecated?
> > This would include classes/methods/functions, etc.
> >
> > Neal
>
> Unclear what the value is.  Deprecations are systematically listed in
> the documentation AFAIK.

On one page ?

Perhaps we should automatically add the PEPs to the standard
Python documentation as well ?! Some duplication of this
information is necessary to increase visibility, IMHO, esp.
for those of us who don't regularly read the docs.

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH