[Python-Dev] The memo of pickle

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 07 Aug 2002 22:17:58 -0400

>> The code to support BTrees would be quite a burden.

[Greg Ewing]
> It wouldn't be all that complicated, surely? And you'd
> only need about half of it, because you only need to
> be able to add keys, never delete them.

Have you done a production-quality, portable B-Tree implementation?  Could
you prevail in arguing that memory reduction is more important than speed
here?  Etc.  B-Trees entail a messy set of tradeoffs.

>> http://sf.net/projects/judy/

> Is there any information available about this
> other than the 3 lines I managed to find amongst
> all the sourceforge crud?

It was a short-lived topic on Python-Dev about two weeks ago.  Try, mmm,

    http://www.hp.com/go/judy/

for lots of info.