[Python-Dev] PEP 218 (sets); moving set.py to Lib

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
20 Aug 2002 18:25:13 +0100

Guido van Rossum <guido@python.org> writes:

> I am still perplexed that I receoved *no* feedback on the sets module
> except on this issue of sort order (which I consider solved by adding
> a method _repr() that takes an optional 'sorted' argument).

This is hardly without precedent, though, is it?  (I mean the only
getting feedback on trivia).

I haven't looked at the set implementationin detail, but given that
it's principal authors are you and Alex, I'm sure it must be
wonderful.  Is that better? :)

Cheers,
M.

--
  Or here's an even simpler indicator of how much C++ sucks: Print
  out the C++ Public Review Document.  Have someone  hold it about