[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/nondist/sandbox/spambayes GBayes.py,1.7,1.8

Eric S. Raymond esr@thyrsus.com
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 13:13:11 -0400

Zack Weinberg <zack@codesourcery.com>:
> My ISP-postmaster friend's reaction to that:
>
> | As far it it goes, yes.  How would it learn?

Your users' mailers would have two delete buttons -- spam and nonspam.
On each delete the message would be shipped to bogofilter, which would
would merge the content into its token lists.

> I remember you said you didn't want to do base64 decode because it was
> too slow?

And not necessary.  Base64 spam invariably has telltales that Bayesian
amalysis will pick up in the headers and MIME cruft.  A rather large
percentage of it is either big5 or images.