[Python-Dev] Re: [Python-checkins] python/nondist/sandbox/spambayes GBayes.py,1.7,1.8

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Wed, 21 Aug 2002 15:32:08 -0400

> > I remember you said you didn't want to do base64 decode because it was
> > too slow?
>
> And not necessary.  Base64 spam invariably has telltales that Bayesian
> amalysis will pick up in the headers and MIME cruft.  A rather large
> percentage of it is either big5 or images.

I'd be curious to know if that will continue to be true in the future.
At least one of my non-tech friends sends email that's exclusively
HTML (even though the content is very lightly marked-up plain text),
from a hotmail account.  Spam could easily have the same origin, but
the HTML contents would be very different.