[Python-Dev] Make universal newlines non-optional

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@cwi.nl
Wed, 4 Dec 2002 11:15:56 +0100

On Tuesday, Dec 3, 2002, at 19:05 Europe/Amsterdam, Martin v. L=F6wis=20
wrote:

> At the time the universal newline code was committed, there was
> discussion whether or not it should be optional.
>
> I'd like to propose that it doesn't need to be optional: having a
> configuration option for it complicates the build documentation, and
> the space savings that one may gain from disabling it are minimal.
>
> So I volunteer to remove the #ifdef machinery around it. Any
> objections?

Well, we don't know yet whether it will work on non-mainstream=20
platforms.
It'll probably be okay on BeOS or Amiga or such (and maybe the=20
maintainers
of those platforms track CVS anyway?), but I wouldn't vouch for Windows=20=

CE
or so.
--
- Jack Jansen        <Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com>       =20