[Python-Dev] Still want an expected skip file for regrtest.py?

Brett Cannon bac@OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Thu, 12 Dec 2002 16:21:32 -0800 (PST)

[Guido van Rossum]

> I leave the design mostly up to you.  I think it should use a file in
> the current directory -- that's where you'd type "make test" anyway,
> and when building multiple versions (e.g. a debug version or different
> platforms) it may actually be useful to be able to have multiple
> "skips" files.  (When using VPATH, that is.)

Using the current directory works for me.

As for multiple skips, I guess I could determine possible file names based
on the name of the platform ("ToSkipDARWIN.txt", "ToSkipDEBUG.txt", etc.).
Think I am going to have to read up on VPATH...

> I expect that the most common use would be for the file to augment the
> built-in list.  Maybe entries with a leading minus could be deducted
> from the built-in list.

Sounds reasonable.  I can go with that.  Might require tests to be on
individual lines (-f option just does a ``line.split()``).

> > Or you could all just say "surprise me, Brett" and let me sweat the
> > details.  =)
>
> I'll say "amaze me, Brett." :-)

Better not mess this up then.  =)

-Brett