[Python-Dev] Python 2.3a1 release status

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Tue, 31 Dec 2002 18:38:49 +0100

On dinsdag, dec 31, 2002, at 15:02 Europe/Amsterdam, Guido van Rossum
wrote:
> Jack Jansen: I don't expect that you're quite ready with the Mac tree.
> Or are you?  Let me know what you want me to say about the Mac in the
> announcement and on the web.

Sorry for not telling you earlier, but all the Mac stuff (the
unix-Mac-stuff, that is) has been ready since last night. MacPython-OS9
will take another week (or more), so I'd like to get control of the
release branch again after the unix/win release has been done.

The main bit of Mac news is that all the old MacPython tools and
modules now work (if you do a framework build). I plan to do a binary
release later (not for a1, probably starting with the beta's) and that
will be called MacPython-OSX or MacPython for short (MacPython-OS9 will
be the new name for the old MacPython).
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
Goldman -