[Python-Dev] Mixing memory management APIs

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
06 Feb 2002 13:54:14 +0000

Neal Norwitz <neal@metaslash.com> writes:

> Because of Michael Hudson's request, I tried running Purify
> --with-pymalloc enabled.  The results were a bit surprising: 13664 errors!
>
> All the errors were in unicodeobject.c.  There were 3 types of errors:
> Free Memory Reads, Array Bounds Reads, and Unitialized Memory Reads.
> The line #s were in strange places (e.g., in a function declaration
> and accessing self->length in an if clause, after it was accessed w/o error).
> The line #s are primarily:  unicodeobject.c:2875, and unicodeobject.c:2214.

Might this have something to do with

bug [ #495401 ] Build troubles: --with-pymalloc

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?func=detail&atid=105470&aid=495401&group_id=5470

?

Is there a reason one of the fixes for this problem hasn't been
checked in yet?

Cheers,
M.

--
    . <- the point                                your article -> .