[Python-Dev] release for 2.1.2, plus 2.2.1...

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 13:53:36 -0500

Hi folks,

I'm subscribed to the list, but I'm still not quite sure if I'm supposed to
be posting here... I suppose I should go read the charter.  Please flame me
if this list is for the "in crowd" only. ;-)

I tried to get the 21-maintbranch LFS working using the directions that are
provided in the current docs
(http://www.python.org/doc/current/lib/posix-large-files.html), but it fails
to compile for me as a result.  Someone has suggested that it's not the
instructions that are broken, but the code.  Can this be confirmed?

Because ZC is forced to stick with Python 2.1.X (as opposed to 2.2.X) for
the current crop of Zope releases, and because we often need large file
support under Zope, it's pretty important for us to get a 2.1.X release
under which LFS works.  A workaround is fine as well.

I don't think I have the knowhow to fix it, but if I can help in any way by
testing under various Linuxii, please let me know.

 -C