[Python-Dev] To post or not to post, that is the question...

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Fri, 4 Jan 2002 22:21:35 +0100

>     * I figured most good answers would come from Martin and Marc-Andrč.

That alone is not a good reason. python-dev is not a place to get free
consulting (which, of course, is more bothersome to whoever gives the
consulting, than to who receives it).

>     * It's not clear that the "right way" to do this stuff appears to be
>       settled, which I think has been proven out somewhat by the extended
>       thread and the long thread Jack started about Unicode and getargs.c.

Well, I was mostly referring to things that are either documented, or
can be found easily through source inspection. IOW, I expect that
python-dev posters do their homework before posting. Things like "is
it really that you cannot do X, but that it should be possible to do
so", or "what is the exact rationale for Y happening" are definitely
python-dev issues.

Regards,
Martin