Large file system support in 2.1.2 (was Re: [Python-Dev] release for 2.1.2, plus 2.2.1...)

Martin v. Loewis martin@v.loewis.de
Tue, 8 Jan 2002 08:39:28 +0100

>     AM> OTOH, if MvL's code is in a shell script, this objection
>     AM> doesn't apply.
>
> I must have missed that.  Was Martin suggesting a shell script, like
> "configure-lfs"?

No, I was really talking about the instructions in the manual, which
would then indeed result in OPT being in the environment after
configure has completed. If that is considered unacceptable, I'm fine
with documenting that CC should be set in the environment - even
though such instruction may also break on some systems. Enhancing
configure to take into account more environment variables is worse:
the risk of introducing new errors is just too high.

Regards,
Martin