[Python-Dev] Change in unpickle order in 2.2?

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Fri, 11 Jan 2002 09:52:06 -0500

[me]
> I have an application (Grouch) that has to do a lot of trickery at
> pickle-time and unpickle-time, and as a result it happens to be
> sensitive to the order of unpickling.
[...]
> Anyone got a vague, hand-waving explanation for my vague, hand-waving
> complaint?  Or should I try to come up with a test case?

[Guido]
> Yes please, and post it to SourceForge.  There aren't that many
> changes in the source of pickle.py since release 2.1.  (Or are you
> using cPickle?  If so, please say so.  The two aren't 100%
> equivalent.)

Tried it with both pickle and cPickle, with the same result (ie. one of
my test cases failed with the exact same traceback, apparently for the
same reason).

I'll see if I can't reduce this to something that doesn't rely on 1500
hairy lines of Grouch code.  (Only fitting that something named for
Oscar the Grouch is hairy, eh?)

        Greg
--
Greg Ward - Linux weenie                                gward@python.net