[Python-Dev] Using LXR for Python CVS Source Code ?

M.-A. Lemburg mal@lemburg.com
Fri, 25 Jan 2002 23:57:31 +0100

David Ascher wrote:

> Not wishing to make a science project out of it, but you might consider
> the newer lxr, which uses a real database (mysql, IIRC).
>
> We've used lxr in-house for a while, it's an absolutely wonderful tool.
> It is quite hard to setup multiple lxr's on a single machine (at least
> with the 'old' lxr), be forewarned.
>
> Also, lxr doesn't really deal especially well with Python code - but for
> C/C++ code, it rocks.

Hmm, I was planning to install the Mozilla version of LXR. I'll also
look at the latest LXR version 0.9. If it does indeed use MySQL, I'd
rather not go down that road -- setting up and maintaining MySQL is
not exactly fun...

--
Marc-Andre Lemburg
CEO eGenix.com Software GmbH