[Python-Dev] Infinie recursion in Pickle

Oleg Broytmann Oleg Broytmann <phd@phd.pp.ru>
Mon, 1 Jul 2002 14:39:14 +0400

On Sun, Jun 30, 2002 at 04:32:35PM -0400, Tim Peters wrote:
> [Oleg Broytmann]
> >    I think I can reduce this, but I am afraid the data structure
> > still will be large,
>
> That doesn't matter.  It's the amount of *code* we don't understand and have
> to learn that matters.  If you could reduce this to a gigabyte of pickle
> input that we only need to feed into pickle, that would be great.

   Ok. From today I have a lot of spare time and very good almost free
Internet connection, so I can investigate things. I can post the results of
my investigation to the developers list or to the c.l.py, if anyone is
interested.

> >    That what I don't want to do - file a mysterious bug report.
>
> That's what bug reports are best for!

   Hmm, I thought they are not, as those mysterious bug reports take up
space and time - someone have to read it, at least; but they are not help
in any way.

> Now you've got comments about your
> bug scattered across comp.lang.python and python-dev, and nobody will be
> able to find them again.  Attaching new info to a shared bug report is much
> more effective.

   Ah, I see now. I am strictly attached to email and email archives, and I
am always hating web-based collaboration tools, but you made a good point.
   Still, life is too short to spend it in the SF slooow interface :(

Oleg.
--
     Oleg Broytmann            http://phd.pp.ru/            phd@phd.pp.ru