[Python-Dev] addressing distutils inability to track file dependencies

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 17 Jun 2002 17:31:35 -0400

> If that is done, I'd still encourage use of the SUNPRO_DEPENDENCIES
> feature for use with SunPRO (aka Forte, aka Sun ONE). Not that I'm
> asking you to implement it, but it would be good if another such
> mechanism would be easy to hook into whatever you implement.

I don't recall that you explained the meaning of the
SUNPRO_DEPENDENCIES variable, only that it was undocumented and did
something similar to GCC's -M.  That's hardly enough. :-)