[Python-Dev] Unicode objects more space efficient than plain strings? can that be?

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Thu, 02 May 2002 18:02:42 -0400

[Skip Montanaro]
> Much better, thanks.  Strange that such a naive "benchmark" would lead to
> such odd behavior.

Na, the interesting ones are always one-liners <wink>.

> I wonder if this is potentially a bugfix candidate, at least for 2.2.x?

pymalloc was an experimental use-at-your-own-risk thing in 2.2 and before,
and Neil and I have both spent major time now making it fully usable for
2.3.  IOW, backpatching pymalloc improvements is over my limit for what "a
bugfix" means; 2.3's pymalloc is more of a new feature.