[Python-Dev] Python 2.3 patch cut-off date

Jason Tishler jason@tishler.net
Fri, 10 May 2002 10:49:38 -0400

Guido,

On Fri, May 10, 2002 at 09:45:06AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > > In any schedule, there likely would be a month between a1 and a2, so
> > > the release of Python 2.3a1 would simultaneously be a last call for
> > > great new features. Between a1 and c1, there would be four months,
> > > giving plenty of time (IMO) for bug fixes.
> >
> > If I interpret the above correctly, then for my typical patches it seems
> > like I would have to at least b1 (and possibly c1) to submit them for
> > consideration.  Is my interpretation correct?
>
> I don't know what your "typical patches" are.

Sorry for being unclear.  My patches are usually Cygwin related but
sometimes more generally build related (such as my readline 4.2 patch).

> Why do you expect they need to be submitted after b1?

I don't.  I'm just trying to determine whether I have until a1, a2, or
b1.  I have a *big* Cygwin rebase patch to get into Cygwin's setup.exe
that is sorely needed for Python, Apache, and other apps that load many
DLLs and fork().  So, I'm just trying to ascertain priorities.

> After c1 would suggest they are too late!

Understood.

Jason