[Python-Dev] deprecating string module?

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed, 29 May 2002 10:34:18 -0500

    GvR> Or maybe we could introduce a new warning category,
    GvR> SilentDeprecationWarning, which is normally ignored (like
    GvR> OverflowWarning already is).  This could be turned on
    GvR> explicitly with a -W option so someone wanting to check that
    GvR> their code is future-proof would have an easy way to do so.

    BAW> +1

Thank you.  Though it is painful to bring up some of these topics (I think
I've caught more than my fair share of arrows recently), I find there's
often a new way to look at things that makes the problem more tractable.

I suggest a migration path from SilentDeprecationWarning to
DeprecationWarning.

Skip