[Python-Dev] Reindenting unicodedata.c

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 08 Nov 2002 15:36:16 -0500

> [Martin v. Loewis]
> > While working on unicodedata.c, I found that its indentation does not
> > follow PEP 7. Is it ok to reindent it (i.e. use tabs)?
>
> Probably not, but I'd be in favor of it.  unicodeobject.c too, and _sre.c,
> and _hotshot.c, and ... the PEP 7 std is simply ignored.

I'm in favor of reindenting too, but only if you're doing major work
on a module.  I.e. don't just reindent a module when you're fixing a
few lines of code; but when you're doing a major refactoring, it
should be fine.

CVS-wise, it's better to do the reindent as a separate checkin, so you
know you're not changing anything else.  (Preferably just *before* you
start doing any major surgery.)