[getopt-sig] Re: [Python-Dev] Adopting Optik

Michael McLay mclay@nist.gov
Thu, 14 Nov 2002 10:38:29 -0500

On Thursday 14 November 2002 01:18 am, David Ascher wrote:
> David Abrahams wrote:
> >-1 on optlib (sounds like optimization)
>
> Agreed, especially with the parenthetical comment.
>
> I don't like argvparse much because this "argv" thing is far from
> obvious to newbies.  But given those two choices, I'd pick argvparse
> over optlib.

I was just about to say the same thing about "argv".

How about calling it cmdoptionslib or optionslib.

For a newbie just using the word "options" makes it diffcult to locate
references using google, etc. On google optionlib had three pages of hits,
optionslib had two hits and cmdoptionslib had no hits.