[Python-Dev] [win32] Killing MSVC's _alloca

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Fri, 04 Oct 2002 20:18:15 -0400

> As per suggestion of Guido, I've submitted a patch. The patch,
> however, doesn't make any sense standalone, so it's part of #1 of
> many mingw related patches.

So I should ignore the patch until you're done submitting those other
patches?

> These will ultimately make it possible
> to build Python on win32 using the autoconf/make toolchain.

I don't understand.  How many Unix emulations on Windows do we need?
We've already absorbed a sheer endless set of patches to make it work
on CYGWIN.  How does Mingw differ?

> See http://python.org/sf/618791
>
> I've assigned it to Guido for no good reason except being not sure
> if Mark knows about autoconf/makesetup, which my patch touches.
>
> But I'd also be glad if anybody else applies it ;-)

Me too.  I may reduce the priority.