[Python-Dev] Where is this flag coming from?

Barry A. Warsaw barry@python.org
Wed, 9 Oct 2002 22:35:42 -0400

    TR> I just tried Guido's setup.py patch on SCO Open Server
    TR> and it works there.  No more -R. :-)

Cool.  I think we're squared away for Python 2.2.2.

    TR> Am I out to lunch on the idea that the logic should be in
    TR> Lib/distutils/unixccompiler.py where the -R is added?

That's what Skip checked in but only for Python 2.3 it seems.
I'm a little confused now about what should be ported from 2.2.2 to
2.3, but maybe I'm still foggied headed from my cold.

The SF freebsd build of 2.2.2 seemed to work fine, except that
test_sax failed for reasons I don't know and don't have the energy
right now to investigate.  2.2.2 works for me on all of RH7.3, Solaris
8, and OSX 10.2 (except for test_locale on the latter which has
already been brought up).

Python 2.3cvs is working fine for me on RH7.3.  The Solaris 8 and OSX
builds are still running, and I can't do the freebsd build until the
Solaris one ends (well, I could, but it's easier to just wait).

-Barry