[Python-Dev] Need advice: cloning python cvs for CE project

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Mon, 23 Sep 2002 13:44:20 -0400

> There are now 4 different people working on the "python ce"
> project. We've been passing around build tree .zips and it's getting
> out of hand.
>
> I think we should setup our own CVS somewhere so we can work out all
> the CE kinks before submitting patches to the core Python CVS.
>
> Is it possible to maintain a single working directory that can be
> checked into two different CVS systems?
>
> I really have no idea what the proper way is to do this.. Looking
> for recommendations, including "don't do that, do this instead".

Perhaps you can work on a branch of the standard Python CVS tree?  If
you're all Python developers (or can be sworn in easily) that would
work.

Otherwise you could set up your own SF project "pythonce" and do a
vendor branch checkin of Python.  I've never used vendor branches
myself, but Kurt Kaiser uses them in the idlefork CVS, which deals
with a similar issue.