[Python-Dev] Python 2.2.2 Wiki

Guido van Rossum guido@python.org
Tue, 24 Sep 2002 10:18:19 -0400

>     http://manatee.mojam.com/py222wiki/
>
> I did *nothing* other than set it up.  I don't know how people want to use
> the Wiki.  Feel free to organize it any way you want, or give me some clues
> and I'll take a crack at a top-level structure.
>
> Michael McLay had suggested:
>
>     >> Perhaps Wiki pages would be a good mechanism for collaboration on the
>     >> classification of patches. Create one page for each classification
>     >> type and then use the patch names and title as section titles within
>     >> the page.
>
> What are the classification types he referred to?

I suppose he was referring to this (from my initial 2.2.2 post last
Friday):

    Basically, someone does the tedious part of triage, which means
    going over *every* 2.3 checkin message (with quick access to the
    corresponding diffs) and sorting them into:

    - already applied

    - trivial reject (e.g. new feature or fix for a bug introduced in
      2.3)

    - trivial accept (pure bugfix that applies cleanly to 2.2)

    - messy (e.g. unclear whether it's a bugfix or a feature even
      after staring at the source, bugfixes that affect binary
      compatibility, bugfixes that can only be applied with much code
      wrangling due to other changes in the code at the same place,
      etc.)

    Feel free to compile a list of "messy" ones and send it to
    python-dev.  It doesn't have to be all at once -- for big messy
    ones a separate python-dev discussion may be appropriate.