[Python-Dev] Re: httplib.py vs 222

Skip Montanaro skip@pobox.com
Wed, 25 Sep 2002 10:31:29 -0500

    mwh> I'm tempted to just dump the trunk's version of httplib.py onto the
    mwh> release branch.  Poring over logs reveals that nearly every checkin
    mwh> is marked as a bugfix candidate (occasionally with a question
    mwh> mark).

    mwh> But I've never used httplib, so I thought I should ask here first
    mwh> (and Cc: the people responsible for most of the changes).

The one change I applied to httplib since the 2.2 release was to fix a
problem with invalid urls.  If a colon follows the server name but is
followed by a non-numeric string or no string at all before the start of the
path, an InvalidURL exception is raised.  This is definitely a bugfix
candidate.  Jeremy's hand has been on that module much more heavily.  I
think it should probably be his call.

Skip