How do I report a bug? (Re: [Python-Dev] Distutils documentation amputated in 2.2 docs?)

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Wed, 02 Apr 2003 22:09:25 -0500

[Greg Ewing]
> Hmmm, okay, I can see it now, but it would be easy to
> miss if I weren't looking for it.
>
> Perhaps it could be made a little larger and set off from
> the items above and below it?

We have no control over either -- SF lets us put words there, but that's
all.  I added another paragraph:

    Please log into SourceForge to submit a new report.

    SourceForge will not allow you to submit a new bug report unless
    you're logged in.

It's not as invisible now.

> Ideally, of course, the Submit New button should always
> be there, and lead to a page telling you to log in
> if you're not already. But presumably you don't have
> that much control over the page?

That's right.