[Python-Dev] Placement of os.fdopen functionality

Jp Calderone exarkun@intarweb.us
Fri, 11 Apr 2003 14:11:57 -0400

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

On Thu, Apr 10, 2003 at 08:48:19PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
>=20
[Greg Ewing]
> > But since it is an os-dependent feature, the implementation
> > of it probably does belong in the os module.
> >=20
> > So how about providing a file.fromfd() which calls
> > os.fdopen()?
>=20
> I've never seen anyone code a file subclass yet, let alone one that
> needed this.  YAGNI?
>=20

  codecs.EncodedFile seems almost like it should (but it's just a factory
function).  Other than that I can't think of anything that does or that
would benefit from doing so.

  Jp

--=20
Lowery's Law:
        If it jams -- force it.  If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway.
--=20

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S

--AhhlLboLdkugWU4S--