[Python-Dev] 2.3b1 release

Raymond Hettinger python@rcn.com
Wed, 16 Apr 2003 16:18:52 -0400

> I'd like to do a 2.3b1 release someday.  Maybe at the end of next
> week, that would be Friday April 25.  If anyone has something that
> needs to be done before this release go out, please let me know!

I have a couple of small patches and bugs to review.  Should be no
problem getting these in this weekend.

Am working on a more cache friendly dict lookup strategy.  If it is
not ready for prime time in the next few days, it will have to wait
for Py2.4.

A couple of bytecode optimizations may also have to wait for Py2.4.
For some reason, Basicblock(nop, jump_if_true) is not always directly
substitutable for Basicblock(unary_not, jump_if_false).  I suspect
the three-way return value for PyObject_IsTrue() but it could be
something else.

Raymond Hettinger