[Python-Dev] 2.3b1 release

Thomas Wouters thomas@xs4all.net
Thu, 17 Apr 2003 17:27:22 +0200

On Wed, Apr 16, 2003 at 11:52:10AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:

> I'd like to do a 2.3b1 release someday.  Maybe at the end of next
> week, that would be Friday April 25.  If anyone has something that
> needs to be done before this release go out, please let me know!

Well, there is the CALL_ATTR patch (http://www.python.org/sf/709744) that
Brett and I worked on at the PyCon sprints. It's finished (barring tests)
for classic classes, and writing tests is not very inspiring because all
functionality is already tested in the standard test suite. However, it
doesn't do anything with newstyle classes at all, yet.

I've had suprisingly little time since PyCon (it's amazing how not being at
the office for two weeks makes people shove work your way -- I guess they
realized I couldn't object :) but I'm in the process of grokking newstyle
classes. So far, I've been alternating from 'Wow! to 'Au!', and I'll send
another email after this one for clarification of a few issues :) Anyway,
if anyone has straightforward ideas about how CALL_ATTR should deal with
newstyle classes (if at all), please inform me (preferably via SF) or just
grab the patch and run with it. I'm still confused about descrgets and where
they come from.

--
Thomas Wouters <thomas@xs4all.net>