[Python-Dev] Build errors under RH9

Andrew MacIntyre andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au
Sat, 19 Apr 2003 00:24:30 +1100 (edt)

On Thu, 17 Apr 2003, Neal Norwitz wrote:

> I have a couple of failures.  I think they may have occurred
> before upgrading.  Is anybody else seeing this?
>
>         test_array OverflowError: unsigned short integer is less than minimum

On FreeBSD 4.4, I'm seeing this one...

>         test_logging - (I think this is the old test sensitivity)
>         test_trace - AssertionError: events did not match expectation

... but not these 2.

I've also stumbled across a compiler optimisation issue with the changes
Guido checked in to SRE on April 14 - on FreeBSD 4.4 at least.  gcc -O3
produces an _sre.o that gives rise to a bus error; -O2 works (gcc is
v2.95.3).

E-mail: andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@pcug.org.au            |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/        |        Australia