[Python-Dev] Cryptographic stuff for 2.3

Neal Norwitz neal@metaslash.com
Thu, 24 Apr 2003 17:02:29 -0400

On Thu, Apr 24, 2003 at 04:50:23PM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > > It is true that we should report the inclusiong of openssl and its
> > > wrappers to the authorities.
> >
> > I think we did already; Jeremy should know the details.
>
> Jeremy sits next to me, and he tells me he did not.  However it is on
> his TODO list.

I contacted the BXA which is part of the US Dept. of Commerce:
<http://www.bxa.doc.gov/Encryption/PubAvailEncSourceCodeNofify.html>.

I think I notified them that Python contains Rotor and then forwarded
the info to Jeremy.  I'm not sure if there's anything else that needs
to be done.  It was unclear of whether this was required for each
release.

My memory is fuzzy.  I remember talking to Martin and Jeremy, but
this was probably at least 6 months ago.

Neal