[Python-Dev] Document Lib/platform.py ?

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fdrake at acm.org
Mon Aug 4 23:41:14 EDT 2003

Brett C. writes:
 > While skimming the "What's New" doc for 2.3 I noticed the mention of the
 >   platform module.  After noticing that there were no docs for it, I
 > checked out the module and noticed that the docstrings are pretty good
 > as-is.

Yep; they just need to be converted to LaTeX.

 > So, the question becomes whether it is okay for me to write up some
 > LaTeX docs for Fred to correct.  The only reason I am asking instead of
 > just writing the thing up is I know once it is documented it is
 > considered "official" and thus require maintenance and support and I
 > don't know if we want to bother with that.

Just because they're official doesn't mean we can't decide they're
buggy, so they can be fixed should it be necessary.  It's harder to
change the interface as implemented than the interface as documented.

 > Marc-Andre has already given me the green light to write the docs but I
 > wanted python-dev's go-ahead before I proceeded.

There's an open documentation bug report assigned to Marc-Andre for
this; I'll re-assign it to you.  ;-)

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fdrake at acm.org>