[Python-Dev] Traceback problem

Kevin Jacobs jacobs@penguin.theopalgroup.com
Mon, 24 Feb 2003 14:50:16 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 24 Feb 2003, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> > This has nothing to do with Stackless,
>
> Well, Christian explained that it was a problem because they have
> 1000s of threads.

My problem relates to logging the "last exception" in a catch-all error
handler.  We sometimes see the same exception when an error occurs and no
new exception is thrown.

> > and I'm happy to have it for Python
> > 2.3 (or 2.4 if it is too risky to add post-a2).
>
> I don't have time to write the code, but I'll entertain a patch before
> 2.3b1.

No problem.  I'll upload it to SF, along with documentation and a new unit
test.

-Kevin

Kevin Jacobs
The OPAL Group - Enterprise Systems Architect
Voice: (216) 986-0710 x 19         E-mail: jacobs@theopalgroup.com
Fax:   (216) 986-0714              WWW:    http://www.theopalgroup.com