[Python-Dev] donating python-crack module

Domenico Andreoli cavok@filibusta.crema.unimi.it
Fri, 4 Jul 2003 15:37:24 +0200

On Fri, Jul 04, 2003 at 08:45:53AM -0400, Guido van Rossum wrote:
> Cracklib seems a useful tool, but IMO it's too specific for inclusion
> in the standard library.

ok, this is not a problem

> If you're thinking about a copyright assignment to the PSF, I'm not
> sure what that would buy you (or the PSF).  You can just make it
> available from SourceForge and put an open source license on it.  Not
> the Python license, please -- pick the BSD or MIT license or something
> else that's sweet, simple and GPL-compatible without being viral
> (i.e. *don't* use the GPL).  Then everyone can enjoy your code.

it is already available on savannah, licensed under GPL. what's wrong
with GPL? the story about not being usable with non-GPL software?

thanks for you response, BDFL :)

cheers
domenico

-----[ Domenico Andreoli, aka cavok
 --[ http://filibusta.crema.unimi.it/~cavok/gpgkey.asc
   ---[ 3A0F 2F80 F79C 678A 8936  4FEE 0677 9033 A20E BC50