[Python-Dev] alternate pserver access for python CVS?

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
06 Jul 2003 14:22:29 -0400

On Sun, 2003-07-06 at 10:30, Martin v. L=F6wis wrote:

> I think Barry (or was it Jeremy?) once created a mirror for these -
> they are taking up disk space on pydotorg. I don't know whether that
> mirror is still in effect, but I would assume it is.  As a side effect
> of producing tarballs, I now also mirror these repository tarballs.

It was me, and it's basically just for backup purposes, not for
alternative access.  There's a cronjob on creosote that sucks down the
repository tarballs via wget, saving them in /usr/local/archives.  They
tend to take up a huge gob of space so every now and then we clear them
out on the assumption that XS4ALL is making backups <wink>.  Note that
we grab the Python, Mailman, mimelib, and Jython cvsroots, as well as
the Jython FAQwiz and Moin.

On one hand, we probably don't need to keep grabbing the mimelib cvs,
but OTOH, those aren't that big anyway.

I don't think it would be a lot of work to unpack those nightly and make
them available via pserver, but I'm not volunteering.

-Barry