[Python-Dev] Running tests on freebsd5

Andrew MacIntyre andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au
Mon, 7 Jul 2003 21:18:16 +1000 (EST)

On Mon, 7 Jul 2003, Delaney, Timothy C (Timothy) wrote:

> test test_socket failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/test/test_socket.py", line 215, in
> testCrucialConstants
>      socket.SOCK_RDM
> AttributeError: 'module' object has no attribute 'SOCK_RDM'

5.x doesn't support that symbol yet...  It would be nice if it did for
5.2...

> test test_strptime failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/test/test_strptime.py", line 312, in
> test_timezone
>      "LocaleTime().timezone has duplicate values but "
>    File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/unittest.py", line 268, in failUnless
>      if not expr: raise self.failureException, msg
> AssertionError: LocaleTime().timezone has duplicate values but timzone value
> not set to -1
>
> This one is almost certainly my fault ;) But the error message is wrong I
> think - it should read 'but timezone value' rather than 'but timzone value'.

I don't think this is specific to FreeBSD - ISTR it being reported
elsewhere (linux?).  I think Brett C has this in hand.

> test test_tempfile failed -- Traceback (most recent call last):
>    File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/test/test_tempfile.py", line 299, in
> test_noinherit
>      self.failIf(retval > 0, "child process reports failure")
>    File "/usr/home/Tim/Python-2.3b2/Lib/unittest.py", line 264, in failIf
>      if expr: raise self.failureException, msg
> AssertionError: child process reports failure

This and some other failures that appear with specific resource settings
should be resolved by recent checkins to configure.in/pyconfig.in (that
add the __BSD_VISIBLE symbol).

How recent was your source tree?

My 5.1 box is much slower than my 4.8 box, which combined with gcc 3.2
taking longer to compile than 2.95 means I don't test the build on 5.1 as
frequently as I'd like...

E-mail: andymac@bullseye.apana.org.au  (pref) | Snail: PO Box 370
        andymac@pcug.org.au             (alt) |        Belconnen  ACT  2616
Web:    http://www.andymac.org/               |        Australia