[Python-Dev] 2.3rc1 delayed

Mark Hammond mhammond@skippinet.com.au
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:54:58 +1000

> I've decided to postpone the 2.3 release candidate 1 until Friday.
> Given the errors reported with current CVS on Cygwin, I don't expect
> that this release candidate stands much chance of becoming the final
> release.  So I'd rather wait a little and see if anyone can make
> headway on the Cygwin problems.  If we can fix something tomorrow, all
> the better.  If not, we've only lost a day.

In that case, a newly discovered bug that can cause site.py to fail is at

I believe the patch is trivial and safe - anyone up for it?