[Python-Dev] 2.3rc1 delayed
Fri, 18 Jul 2003 08:27:55 -0700 (PDT)
On Fri, 18 Jul 2003, Mark Hammond wrote:
> > I've decided to postpone the 2.3 release candidate 1 until Friday.
> > Given the errors reported with current CVS on Cygwin, I don't expect
> > that this release candidate stands much chance of becoming the final
> > release. So I'd rather wait a little and see if anyone can make
> > headway on the Cygwin problems. If we can fix something tomorrow, all
> > the better. If not, we've only lost a day.
> In that case, a newly discovered bug that can cause site.py to fail is at
> I believe the patch is trivial and safe - anyone up for it?
http://www.python.org/sf/771998 looks quite safe.
It would be nice to have http://www.python.org/sf/772077 in too.
Tim Rice Multitalents (707) 887-1469