[Python-Dev] New branch for r23c2 work

Barry Warsaw barry@python.org
20 Jul 2003 14:47:45 -0400

On Sat, 2003-07-19 at 17:32, Tim Peters wrote:

> Changes we want to go into the next 2.3 release stab (probably 2.3c2, alas)
> should be checked in to the r23c1-branch branch.  They'll eventually need to
> get backported to the head.

I'm slowly catching up on email.  It looks like 2.3rc2 will be required
and that PEP 283 has been updated to reflect this.  I'm confused by this
message though: are you volunteering to port r23c1-branch to the head so
we can do the rc2 and then 2.3 final releases from the head?  When is
that going to happen, given that Thursday is the target for rc2?  And
Jack, are your changes going to make it in by Thursday?

-Barry