[Python-Dev] cygwin errors

Tim Peters tim.one@comcast.net
Mon, 21 Jul 2003 17:01:35 -0400

[Tim]
>> It seems the only effect of HAVE_PTHREAD_SIGMASK is to decide
>> whether Python uses pthread_sigmask() or sigprocmask().  If
>> the latter works but the former doesn't, I would have guessed you'd
>> like to use the latter <wink>.

[Jason Tishler]
> Yup!  But, would such a Cygwin specific change be accepted so close to
> the release date?

If the Cygwin-specific part is (as it seemed to me) isolated to the only
line in the codebase that tests HAVE_PTHREAD_SIGMASK, I think the risk is
too small to worry about.  In one real sense, the HAVE_PTHREAD_SIGMASK patch
introduced bugs, causing a formerly-working platform to fall over.

> This is one of the reasons that I recommended option #1.  Any other
> opinions?

Barry is the release manager again, so only his counts.  Well, his and
yours.  OK, his, yours, and mine.  OK, if you want to push it, his, yours,
mine and Guido's.  That's it, though.  Unless you want to count Jeremy too.
I suppose we should!  OK, the only opinions that count are Skip's, Barry's,
yours, Tim's, Jeremy's and Guido's.  We shouldn't leave Jack out, should we?
For sure, the only opinions that count are Fred's.