[Python-Dev] Change to ossaudiodev setparameters() method

Greg Ward gward@python.net
Sun, 1 Jun 2003 17:57:00 -0400

On 29 May 2003, Guido van Rossum said:
> Alas, no change.  Still some squeaks from the speaker followed by a
> hanging process:

Well, my recent ossaudiodev changes wouldn't have changed anything if
ossaudiodev is completely hosed.  However, I've finally gotten around to
writing my pure C OSS test program.  It's checked in under
sandbox/audiotest.  Please give it a try!

  cd nondist/sandbox
  cvs up -dP
  cd audiotest
  make && ./audiotest

If *that* doesn't give sensible results, then we can't blame ossaudiodev
for the fact that it doesn't work on your box.

Err, the same goes for anyone with a Linux, FreeBSD, or OpenBSD box and
audio hardware: can y'all give the above a try and let me know how it
works for you?  Especially if you've had problems with ossaudiodev in
the past (hello, Jeremy).  I've tried to code to
lowest-common-denominator audio hardware, but that's easier said than
done.

        Greg
--
Greg Ward <gward@python.net>                         http://www.gerg.ca/
And now for something completely different.